Happy 2013! The fresh beginning of a new year invites explorations and adventures. Here are some to suggest. Have I forgotten any of your favorites? Please let me know or comment below. Here’s our list for events through June 2013…”
- The Womensphere 4th annual Emerging Leaders Global Summit takes place January 16-18 in New York on the theme of creating the next generation of leaders.
- The Intersection Event gathers some of the most innovative, ground-breaking thought leaders from the business world in a room with some of the most creative and influential social change agents of our time for one day, at Google on January 19.
- From January 24-25, 2013 International Human Rights Funders Group will host its annual conference in San Francisco.
- Rather than attend a conference, learn by doing on the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service on January 21, 2013.
- Normally held in February, the annual Council on Foundations Family Philanthropy Conference will take place January 27-29, 2013 in Silicon Valley, California.
- Yale University hosts its 8th annual Philanthropy Conference on February 1, in New Haven, CT.
- The Harvard Social Enterprise Conference explores the intersection of business and social impact, in Cambridge and Boston, MA, on February 9-10, 2013.
- Women 2.0 hosts its annual conference February 14, 2013, on the theme of The Next Billion: Consumers, Markets & Products in San Francisco.
- Wisdom 2.0 hosts its annual summit February 21-24 in San Francisco on the theme ofliving with greater presence, meaning, and mindfulness in the technology age.
- The Strategic Co-Funding Conference on February 21 in Washington DC focuses onscaling what works.
- International Woman’s Day is March 8, and many organizations create events to celebrate and participate.
- On March 6, 2013, in New York City, the Impact Leadership 21 Summit hosts transforming women’s leadership in a hyper-connected world.
- The SXSW (South by Southwest) annual conference takes place in Austin, TX, with the highly sough-after Interactive session from March 8-12, 2013. Other tracks include Film (March 8-16) and Music (March 12-17).
- Good Food Festival and Conference on March 14 in Chicago celebrates leaders, businesses, and individuals that sustain the burgeoning, locally-driven Good Food Movement.
- The Institute for Private Investors hosts Stewarding Wealth: Managing Family Investments and Legacy Across Generations on March 21 in Atlanta.
- If you’re planning ahead to 2014 Grantmakers for Effective Organizations will host their annual conference in Los Angeles from March 12-14, 2014.
- The annual conference for Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy takes place April 4-6, 2013 in Chicago.
- Conscious Capitalism launches with a conference April 5-6 in San Francisco.
- The Council on Foundations holds their annual conference this year April 7-9 in Chicago.
- Women’s Funding Network hosts their annual conference in Detroit from April 10-12 — we think this is one of the very best events for women funding social impact.
- The Global Philanthropy Forum will host their annual conference in San Francisco on April 15-17, 2013. (Stanford Social Innovation Review streamed selected sessions from the 2012 conference on their website.)
- Advisors in Philanthropy hosts its annual conference from April 24-26, this year in Las Vegas.
- Every three years the Association for Women’s Rights in Development hosts a conference in Istanbul, Turkey. In 2012, the theme centered on women’s economic power from April 19-22, 2012.
- Exit Planning Exchange (XPX) hosts its annual summit for entrepreneurs on the art and science of collaboration, May 3 in Waltham, MA. Melanie Hamburger will be presenting as a “Genius Speaker” this year.
- Social Enterprise Alliance conference takes place in Minneapolis from May 19-22, with a focus on building an economy on purpose.
- The Take Action! conference for impact investors takes a break this year. Last year’s event took place in San Francisco May 22-23, 2012.
- Grantmakers for Effective Organizations and Florida Philanthropic Network will co-host the Learning Conference in Miami, on June 3-4, 2013.
- The Points of Light Institute annual conference for volunteers, social entrepreneurs, corporate volunteers and nonprofit leaders takes place in Washington, DC from June 19-22.
Members may access the full calendar in our library: women who are funding social impact can join here for free; their advisors can subscribe annually to all Catalytic Women resources on women’s wealth and social impact.